Main Hall DetailHall InteriorHall Exterior

City Hall

City Hall is an outstanding example of the Georgian architecture for which Dublin is world renowned. It was built between 1769 and 1779 and served as the Royal Exchange until purchased by the then City Corporation in the 1850’s. Over the years, many modifications were made to the building to suit the requirements of the authorities until a decision was made by Dublin City Council to return this neoclassical building to its original layout. Hegarty Demolition won the contract to carry out these extensive works which involved undoing the structural alterations which had been carried out over the years. Works involved extensive support systems in forming openings, replacing structural beams and lintels, excavating and forming base for new lifts etc. The client, Dublin City Council, has won awards for the standard of alteration and conservation.