Bolands Mill, Barrow Street
The overall works package comprised of the demolition of existing buildings, structural support, de-watering, secant piling and site clearance works at Barrow Street, Dublin 4.
All works have been and are completed within a live and sensitive residential and business quarters in the centre of Dublin city.
Works were as follows.
- Design of a detailed Temporary works system to restrain and prop the surrounding listed buildings.
- Design and installation of de-watering system to assist with water control during bulk dig operations.
- Develop a systematic cut and lift methodology to deconstruct the existing structures.
- Installation of noise, dust and vibration monitoring for the duration of demolition works on site.
- Carry out full Utilities review and engage utilities companies to disconnect all live services.
- Sterilise the site and remove all contaminated material.
- Stripping out and removal of all internal soft furnishing, fixtures and equipment from listed buildings.
- Demolition of existing stone buildings, suspended slabs, reinforced concrete walls and roof structures, segregating arisings on site.
- Design and installation of secant piled boundary wall.
- Carry out bulk excavation, approx. quantity 44,000m3.