The overall works package comprised of the demolition of 4-5 Storey Office Building and site clearance works at 18 – 21 Charlemont Place, Dublin.
The site was bounded by an existing LUAS railine leading onto the Viaduct crossing at Charlemont Place.
Works were as follows.
- Attending meetings with RPA/ARUP and preparing detailed methodologies for the part deconstruction and demolition of 5 storey structure directly adjacent to Viaduct and rail line.
- Preparation of Dilapidation surveys for surrounding structures and areas.
- Installation of noise, dust and vibration monitoring for the duration of demolition works on site.
- Carry out full Utilities review and engage utilities companies to disconnect all live services.
- Sterilise the site and remove all contaminated material.
- Stripping out and removal of all internal soft furnishing, fixtures.
- Stripping out and removal of all Mechanical and Electrical Plant & Equipment
- Demolition of complete 4-5 Storey building over semi basement comprising of reinforced concrete frame with rib slab construction, walls, retaining walls, roof and plantroom. Approx. Area of 1,600 m2
- Erection of Protective self-supporting ballast scaffolding along the LUAS line for the duration of demolition works.
- Design proprietary propping system to backprob slabs/beams and columns to be saw cut and lifted as part of the deconstruct methodology agreed with the RPA.
- Demolish remaining structure mechanically and segregate arising on site.